Re: [BKARTS] off-topic: nonprofit management question

If the organization is a 501 (c) (3) in the U.S., that's public
information in that it should be in the annual tax return, and
someone coming into the office off the street can ask to see the tax
return (including audit) and should be given a copy to read in the
office.  (That's explained in the 501 (c) (3) letter from the IRS.)
If the organization is not cooperative, copies might be available at
funding agencies, grant givers or some state agency.

I cannot see the answer to your question in my crystal ball.  I do
think, though, that if the person is doing something untoward, you
certainly made his day by resigning.

Kathy Wolford, Pa., kathleenwolford@xxxxxxxxx

Tony Renner <agrenner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
All --

Sorry to go off-topic but I've got a burning question that I think
some of you may be able to help me with. Please reply off-list.

I recently resigned from the board of councilors of an organization
because the long-time (12 years) executive director/the president of
board of trustees could not or would not tell me who the Program
Dir. listed on the organization's 1099, at a salary of $24,000, was.

Is it just me or is this a sign that the executive
director/president of board of trustees is, at best, incompetent or,
at worst, up to something?

-- Tony