Re: [BKARTS] printing photographs

> I have no objection to Epson printers.  The quality is
> generally high. However, I do object to their extortionate
> ink policy.  They sell their ink in expensive cartridges with
> chips which allow only one use.  That makes refilling
> difficult.  Also, most of their desktop printers are not made
> to permit easy replacement of the print heads.

For most mid- and high-end range Epson printers you can buy third-party
continuous ink supply systems or buy ink in bulk. For larger editions,
this is the way to go.

http://www.inkjetart.com/cis/

http://www.inkjetmall.com/store/ci/cis.html

Also, certain combinations of pigment ink and pure rag paper perform
extremely well in longevity tests carried out by Wilhelm Imaging
Research Institute.

Regards,
Mats Broberg

Stockholm - Sweden