[BKARTS] Not for Profits Haha

I'm not sure what the "Board of Councilors" does in this case, but
most likely its members are legally responsible for whatever
shenanigans the Director or others may pull. In my experience these
situations are the norm rather than the exception in
not-for-profits, especially in the arts: the kind of "bending of the
rules" that would - or should - get a CEO thrown in the clink is
pretty much tolerated, because the sums are relatively small, nobody
gets hurt, there's a rubber-stamp board of directors, etc.

In your position(and I've been in your position), I would share my
concern with the board on which I sat. The most likely result will
be, that you'll be ignored; or worse, that you'll be accused of
disloyalty, of playing underhanded politics, etc, etc. After that
you can resign with a clear conscience that you've done your duty,
both towards the institution and towards those who will be left with
that legal responsibility.

>From one who's been there, Good Luck!

Paul T Werner, New York
http://theorangepress.com

WOID: A journal of visual language
DRAGONSBLOOD AND ASHES, a project to research and practice the
techniques of the medieval scribe