Re: [BKARTS] printing photographs

I have been using the MIS Continuous Flow system for over 3 years and love
it. I has saved hundreds and hundreds of dollars, plus I can chose the kind of
ink I want out of many different choices. At the time I bought the system there
were only 2 kinds on the market. I chose MIS because it had a life time
guarantee and It was a bit cheaper. They make the system for many Epson models and
I think they have started making the system for some HP models. They also now
make systems for the models that have a chip in the ink cart. They have a list
of the models at: http://www.inksupply.com/index.cfm?source=html/cobra.html

If you are new to the Epson line it is important to know they have 2 lines,
the 4 colors printers, very good, everyday printer, and the 6 and 7 colors
printers designed to print great photos. For printing photos as your primary use
this is the way to go. Yes, the Epson ink carts are expensive, but there are
good quality 3rd party ink carts and then of course, for volume printing the
continuous flow system is the way to go.

It wasn't that long ago that the only way to get good color prints was to
develop in a dark room or to print offset! Thank Goodness for technology!

Jill

In a message dated 9/1/03 9:01:50 PM, LISTSERV@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

>I have not tried the continuous inking system for the later models of
>
>Epson, with the chips.  However, I did try the earlier system with an Epson
>
>750.  Actually, two Epson 750s.  It was not a happy experience.

Jill Timm
Mystical Places Press
Handcrafted artist books,
one of a kind and small editions,