[Table of Contents] [Search]

[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

Re: [BKARTS] folded cover

I've heard it called a "turtle" binding before.  Sorry, I don't know off
hand where you might find one on the 'net, but I bet a google search would
reveal something.

Kathie Gillaspey
Expression Magazine
----- Original Message -----
From: "Suzanne Denker" <sjdenker@xxxxxxxxx>
To: <BOOK_ARTS-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Tuesday, September 02, 2003 10:47 AM
Subject: [BKARTS] folded cover

> Dear Book folk,
> Can anyone tell me a name for the kind of this non-adhesive
> cover and/or where it is described in any books or
> websites? It's made by folding the top and bottom of one
> cover sheet, then inserting the tabs made from folds on the
> sides of another sheet. You need to use yet another sheet
> for the spine.
> It's versatile and can be used for making small books, or
> even have more text added later.

     *Postings may not be re-printed in any form without the express
     consent of the author - Please respect their contributions & ©*

            BOOK_ARTS-L: The listserv for all the book arts.
      For subscription information, the Archive, and other related
            resources and links go to the Book_Arts-L FAQ at:

        Archive maintained and suppported by Conservation OnLine

[Subject index] [Index for current month] [Table of Contents] [Search]