[Table of Contents] [Search]

[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

Re: [BKARTS] folded cover

I'm sure you could find the name in Keith Smith's book, Non-Adhesive


I've heard it called a "turtle" binding before.  Sorry, I don't know off
hand where you might find one on the 'net, but I bet a google search would
reveal something.

Kathie Gillaspey
Expression Magazine
----- Original Message -----
From: "Suzanne Denker" <sjdenker@xxxxxxxxx>
To: <BOOK_ARTS-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Tuesday, September 02, 2003 10:47 AM
Subject: [BKARTS] folded cover

Dear Book folk,

 Can anyone tell me a name for the kind of this non-adhesive
 cover and/or where it is described in any books or
 websites? It's made by folding the top and bottom of one
 cover sheet, then inserting the tabs made from folds on the
 sides of another sheet. You need to use yet another sheet
 for the spine.

 It's versatile and can be used for making small books, or
 even have more text added later.

*********************************************** *Postings may not be re-printed in any form without the express consent of the author - Please respect their contributions & ©*

           BOOK_ARTS-L: The listserv for all the book arts.
     For subscription information, the Archive, and other related
           resources and links go to the Book_Arts-L FAQ at:

       Archive maintained and suppported by Conservation OnLine

[Subject index] [Index for current month] [Table of Contents] [Search]