[BKARTS] re. folded cover

Greetings,

I first encountered this type of binding in the late eighties and am sure
it came though my Roehampton Institute (Eng) Calligraphy and Bookbinding
studies.  It is really worth exploring especially with some heavier weight
fine art papers and various sizes as they hold together surprisingly very
well and are relatively sturdy.  I use it often as it is great starter for
introducing calligraphers to bookbinding.  There is another binding that I
know of referred to as "turtle" which is not this one.  I will try and find
more qualified details for you.

Gemma
Canberra, Australia
. . . my first post to Book_Arts