Re: [BKARTS] re. folded cover

Even though it is called "the cover designed to fall apart," that doesn't
necessarily refer to its durability or ability to stay on. Since the cover
requires no adhesive to keep it together (though, as Pat says, you can opt to use
some), or to keep the book inside, it will come apart easily to replace worn
parts. As I understand it, the design was/is used by book conservators (hence
Hedi Kyle) to protect book blocks when any kind of adhesive was considered to be
undesireable. I have made it both with and without boards. Tim Barrett's heavy
flax paper, or Amanda Degener and Bridget O'Malley's Cave Paper, also flax
based, works beautifully for this cover design. Barbara Harman