Re: [BKARTS] "in sheets"

ALAP's InBooklet, a plug-in for InDesign 2. Go to www.alap.com

Mara

On Wednesday, September 3, 2003, at 02:29 AM, Ehud Yaniv wrote:

Hi everyone,

I am new to the list and am just starting to learn bookbinding.  I
have done
one book using medieval bookbinding techniques, and wooden covers,
which
turned out OK.  I have also done some simple book forms on my own and
have a
text block for a codex sewn up and covers cut.  I think I am hooked
here.

In the next two weeks I am signing up for the correspondence course
from
CBBAG - Bookbinding 1.

For my projects, I would love to actually bind some books in sheets
but they
seem to be scare on the internet or too expensive for a beginner to
use.  I
tried Timkra which was the only name I know but he is no longer in the
business.  This leaves me with a problem.

Can anyone recommend simple software for formatting pages so that they
can
be printed into signatures?  Or, can anyone recommend a source of
books in
sheets for purchase?

I know these things have come up a number of times but have not been
able to
find an answer to use from the archives.

Thanks

Ehud
A school teacher waiting for the first pay check to learn bookbinding.

PS:  While I asked for inexpensive software for making quartos etc., I
will
consider buying more expensive software as they often have educator
discounts.

*********************************************** *Postings may not be re-printed in any form without the express consent of the author - Please respect their contributions & ©*