From: Book_Arts-L [mailto:BOOK_ARTS-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]On Behalf Of Ehud
Yaniv
Sent: Wednesday, September 03, 2003 1:30 AM
To: BOOK_ARTS-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: "in sheets"

Hi everyone,

I am new to the list and am just starting to learn bookbinding.  I have done
one book using medieval bookbinding techniques, and wooden covers, which
turned out OK.  I have also done some simple book forms on my own and have a
text block for a codex sewn up and covers cut.  I think I am hooked here.

In the next two weeks I am signing up for the correspondence course from
CBBAG - Bookbinding 1.

For my projects, I would love to actually bind some books in sheets but they
seem to be scare on the internet or too expensive for a beginner to use.  I
tried Timkra which was the only name I know but he is no longer in the
business.  This leaves me with a problem.

Can anyone recommend simple software for formatting pages so that they can
be printed into signatures?  Or, can anyone recommend a source of books in
sheets for purchase?

I know these things have come up a number of times but have not been able to
find an answer to use from the archives.

Thanks

Ehud
A school teacher waiting for the first pay check to learn bookbinding.

PS:  While I asked for inexpensive software for making quartos etc., I will
consider buying more expensive software as they often have educator
discounts.