[BKARTS] health concerns in binding

I have been curious for a while about any precautions that need to be taken
in book binding. At the moment, I am pregnant, and so am particularly
concerned with this subject.  I work a good deal with old books.  Are there
any adverse health affects known from breathing dust from old hide glue or
old leather?  What about working with new hide glue?  I also work for a
binder who sands leather rather than skiving, and I'm assuming the leather
(not the highest quality leather) is treated with chemicals of all kinds?

I'll be researching all of these subjects, but any information I can get
from the list would be extremely helpful. Especially any advice from other
women who have had a similar experience.

Thank you,
Amy Borezo