[BKARTS] book conservator in Connecticut

Hello,

I have a book that has had the soft cover fail and at some point in the
past the cover was taped [clear tape] back on. The book is a Joyce's
Ulysses first edition from Shakespeare & Company. he book appears to be
sewn signatures of a good rag paper with a soft cover.
My sense is that the tape is probably acidic and needs to be removed.
My questions:
Does anyone know a conservator in Connecticut and could you provide me
with contact info.
What method would I use if I wanted to tackle the problem myself?

Thank you,
Michael

Michael Gallagher
Photography, AP Studio Art, Web