[BKARTS] Letterpress equipment

I have aspired for many years to some day run a small letterpress printing
and hand bookbinding operation, and to that end have acquired quite a bit of
letterpress equipment.  Unfortunately I have never had the situation (time,
place, resources, etc.) to make this a reality and the person who has rented
the current storage area to me would like to use it for other purposes.  So,
yet again, I am faced with the trauma of moving this extremely cumbersome
equipment, and I just don't think I have it in me anymore.

Therefore, I have a plethora of printing equipment that I am willing to give
away to a good home (it would break my heart to have to see it go for scrap
metal).  In one location I have a Vandercook SP15, and in the main storage
location I have a job press (I don't recall the make - it was given to me
not long ago), many racks and cases of type, quoins, chases,
photoengravings, etc.  I also have a small Kelsey table model job press (for
printing business cards, etc.) and I think I still have a larger Kelsey job
press (I never used that one much - I don't have the strength to get a good
impression on that one).  I may still have a large iron guillotine-style
paper cutter, I can't recall.  With the bigger pieces, some disassembly  was
required during the last move and will require re-assembly (all the pieces
should be there).  In all cases, this equipment has sat for several years
and will need cleaning, sorting, winnowing out, etc.

Both storage locations are in Southeastern Connecticut and any takers would
have to come get the stuff.  I think it will have to be an all or nothing
kind of thing as well.

Leah Prescott
leah_prescott@xxxxxxx

If you are interested, please let me know as soon as possible because I will
need to resolve this soon.