[BKARTS] Identification of typeface

Greetings all,

We are unable to identify a particular typeface which we have recently acquired,
and of which we have three sizes of type (block sizes 10, 12 and 16).  It is a
classical serif font, a cross somewhere between Times, and Century.  We have
done extensive cross-checking in Rookledge's International Typefinder, and
searched McGrew, with no success.

We should be most grateful if someone would be kind enough to try to identify
this typeface.  We have scanned an inked image of the alphabet, and can send it
as an email attachment.  (This List does not accept attachments).   Although the
image is a little blurry, perhaps you can still make the identication from the
notable letters G, J, Q, R & W.

Aside from Rookledge's International Typefinder, are there any suggestions for
good type identification references?  As far as trade catalogues, we only have
the Australian Wimbles catalogue.  We get many cases of old type, and spend a
lot of time cleaning them up and indexing them, and then NAMING them.  Takes
forever!

Thank you if you can help.

Peter Krantz

Book Restorations.