Re: [BKARTS] is a book incomplete without title on the spine?

Florian,
als Stift solltest Du wissen das "der Meister immer Recht hat, und der
Stift immer Unrecht. Sollte der Meister mal nicht Recht haben, tritt das
erste immernoch in kraft", und Lehrjahre sind keine Herrenjahre. Learned
those the hard way. ;>

Aside from that I think that a book on a book is a good idea, but where is
up to the binder. If possible integrating it into the design is a good
idea. I liked your solution. I think the Meister's idea was a good one (but
not in addition to the title on the board) and work experimenting with on
another book. You want as many options as possible in life.

Where are you doing your Lehre (Apprenticeship)? The style of binding on
your "Franzband" looks much like I learned it (but don't do it like
anymore). Like your design on the "Ausbildungsbuch" and the one following
(weisser Ganzfranzband). Franzband is the German term for a binding worked
in-boards with 90 degree shoulder and tight joint. The "standard" fine
binding style for leather.

Peter