Re: [BKARTS] Grain Direction

Debbie,

No, you can't conclude anything from your one sample. Truth is, an
8.5x11 cut sheet with the grain running parallel to the short side is
pretty rare!

The grain direction in this sheet and any other will be determined by
how the piece was cut from the parent sheet, and unfortunately you
can't know how this was done.

Your supplier should be able to tell you. Two other common conventions
may help you determine what you are buying. When the dimension is
printed (8.5 x 11, 11 x 17) the grain direction may be indicated with
an underscore or bold face (8.5 x 11, 11 x 17).

Don Drake
Dreaming Mind

ddrake@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
IM: stitchbyhand