http://www.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data/jdbgmgr.exe.file.hoax.html

--Diane Westerfield
dwester@xxxxxxx

>>> lottelittle@xxxxxxxxxxxxx 09/10/03 02:49PM >>>
From: "Mandy Broughton" <mandybroughton@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 10 September 2003 12:19

I just found out I received a virus that automatically is passed through
email address books.  Since you are in my address book, you will probably
find it in your computer, too.  The virus (called jdbg.exe) is not detected
by Norton or McAfree Anti-virus systems.  The virus sits quietly for 14 days
before damaging the system.  It is sent automatically by messenger and by
address book, whether or not you sent e-mail to your contacts.

Here is how to check for the virus and how to get rid of it.

Please do this ASAP:-

Go to Start, then click your Find or Search option
In the folder option, type the name..jdbgm
Be sure to search your C Drive and all the sub folders and any other drives
you may have
Click 'Find Now'
The virus has a teddy bear icon with the name jdbgmgr.exe. Do not open
it!!!!
Go ! to Edit (on the menu bar) and choose 'Select All' to highlight the file
without opening it
Now go to File (on the menu bar) and select delete. It will then go to the
recycle bin.  If you find the virus, you must contact all the people in your
address book so that they may eradicate the virus from their own address
books.

To do this:

1.                   Open a new e-mail message

2.                   Click the icon Address Book or Contacts next to 'TO'

3.                   Highlight every name and add to 'BCC'

4.                   Copy and Paste this message and clic! k 'send'