Re: [BKARTS] AIC stuff

(snip)
>So, where do we go from here? How do we present ourselves better? What are
>the "real" core issues?
>
>Peter Verheyen (apprentice trained)
>Donia Conn (program trained)

Peter & Donia,

You're taking the wrong tack.  You are assuming that the fault lies with
us, not them.

For some years now, at an organizational level, AIC has promulgated
professionalism at the expense of the profession.

My thoughts on this matter are available on the web at:

http://palimpsest.stanford.edu/

Just search under certification, or by my name.

And if you have the patience, and can take time from the bench, research
the history of the development of the medical profession in North America;
how university training programs evolved from apprenticeships, and why
licensing to practice medicine was left to the various states/provinces,
and was not a federal license.

It is interesting and pertinent history.

Jack

Thompson Conservation Lab.
7549 N. Fenwick
Portland, Oregon  97217