Re: [BKARTS] BOOK_ARTS-L Digest - 9 Sep 2003 to 10 Sep 2003 (#2003-250)

In a message dated 9/11/03 12:43:51 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
LISTSERV@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

> Date:    Wed, 10 Sep 2003 13:24:50 -0400
> From:    Joyce Resnik <BamaJoyce@xxxxxxx>
> Subject: help: Library of Congress publication: Boxes for Protection of
>          Books:...
>
> My check for $20 for the publication: Boxes for the Protection of Books:
> Their design and Construction was returned to me with the notice that it is out
> of print--no reprint planned.
>
> If a member of this group has a copy, I would be grateful if they would
> contact me directly about making me a copy.  I would compensate for copy fee,
> time, and postage--assuming it would be roughly the same as the $20.00 the
> Library of Congress charged.
>
> If you can help me out with this, please contact me offlist:
>
> BamaJoyce@xxxxxxx
>
> Joyce Resnik

Joyce,

I tried a couple of used book search sites and couldn't turn this one up, but
then, good old Google got me to DIANE Publishing Company, an outfit that
reprints government publications of all sorts.  They have this book, apparently in
print and in stock, for $30.  While you are at it, you can also order books
on the history of firearms or Uzbek cuisine, not to mention more than you'd
want to know about Iraq, Afghanistan, and terrorism. They seem to be making good
use of the fact that (as Peter points out) government publications are in the
public domain.

BTW, this book is illustrated by Margaret Wise Brown.  I'd always thought of
her as a writer, having known her from Goodnight Moon and The Runaway Bunny.
It's wonderful the things one learns from being involved in this e list.

Sally Canzoneri