[BKARTS] Thin leather

Greetings,

I'm new to bookbinding. I'm currently making some 5.5" X8.5" hollow-back
half cloth journals for friends. I want to do one in leather. I ordered some
of the cheapest leather (calf) from Talas to experiment with. But I'm
failing miserably with  paring.

I don't think my French Paring knife is sharp enough yet.

Anyway, until I get the hang of paring I'm looking for some thin leather
that's ready to cut and glue on the boards.

Can anyone recommend a thin leather that doesn't need any preparation?

I don't need much, maybe a piece that's maybe 6" X 18". ( I need 5.5" X
10.25" for the spine and then the four-corners).

Thanks for your help,

Scott English
Creative Services
Denver Newspaper Agency