[BKARTS] Foil stamping cloth

Greetings,

After considerable struggle, experimentation and failure, the list
archives guided me to techniques that allow me to successfully gold
foil stamp on leather with a kwikprint.

After a year of increasingly happy experience, I wondering whether I
need to continue steering customers away from foil stamping on book
cloth. No efforts have given me completely satisfactory results.

Real gold and 3 varieties of black foil (all from General Roll Leaf)
have all been tested on a wide range of book cloth at a range of
temperatures, dwells and pressures. Granted, this is a hand-stamper, so
we're not talking precise control. I've finally admitted defeat after
having applied so much pressure that I've impressed the cloth texture
into some of my lead type (from M&H Foundery, SF CA).

Commercial examples of foil stamping on cloth abound so I know it's
technically possible. Guidance sought.

Don Drake
Dreaming Mind

ddrake@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx