Re: [BKARTS] AIC stuff

The posting Jack Thompson refers to can be found at
<http://palimpsest.stanford.edu/byform/mailing-lists/cdl/1998/0583.html>

Peter & Donia,

You're taking the wrong tack.  You are assuming that the fault lies with
us, not them.

In terms of fault, I'm trying to avoid assigning any and think it is counter productive to approach the issue in this way.

What I note though is the low level of discussion of this topic by those
uneasy/opposed to the certification issue which results in a coordinated,
accepted, counter argument. This is an issue which has the potential to
impact all conservators, not just those AIC members (Those not in AIC will
be able to apply for certification).

I know full well that there are many "problems" associated with what AIC is
trying to do in the whole certification issue (which is why I voted against
it) and am aware of the FTC actions against AIC. I am, however, also
prepared to work within the structure to make my opinions known.

The chicken and egg finger pointing blame game does no one any good.

p.

Peter D. Verheyen
Bookbinder & Conservator
<verheyen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>