Re: [BKARTS] AIC stuff

on 9/15/03 8:50 AM, Edward Stansell at CraftBook@xxxxxxx wrote:

> There are "bookbinder/conservators" in my area who's work
> borders on nasty. Yet, they continue to get customers because the public
> doesn't know any better

And will they? We are not in a mainstream field, so knowledge about
certification likewise will never be mainstream, so whether certification
becomes added to the work of the binder/conservator/restorationist or what
have you, it won't eliminate those people who are doing shoddy work.

Vernon Wiering
Wiering Books
Hand Bindery
1553 Orville Street SE