Re: [BKARTS] AIC Stuff

Bruce,

I can't say often enough that you have seen that the Emperor has no clothes.

I too was once a member of the AIC.  They know all the catch phrases and
esoteric vocabulary that goes with book restoration, but that's about the extent
of it.  Conservators in the accademic world take months to do a single book. In
their entire carreer they do no treat as many books as a non-accademic does
in one year. Does experience and quality of work count for anything or is the
only important thing a resume that lists the proper school or proper degree?

Ed Stansell
http://www.bookrestoration.net