[BKARTS] Altering books

We are a small elementary church school library.  We received a donation of
19 hard cover books about different types of dinosaurs.  Unfortunately, the
last 2 pages of the books contain information pertaining to when (read millions
of years) these dinosaurs lived.  We believe and teach the Biblical view of
creation.  The books are colorful and would be very useful, except for the last 2
pages of statistics.  I can't cut them out because the last of the story is
on one side of the statistics page.  After reading the paragraph on the title
page regarding reproducing, photocopying, utilizing etc. and that one shouldn't
do this, I hesitate to solve the problem by simply gluing the last 2 pages
together and pasting a page of statistics on the blank back page.  Is this
legal?  I love working here and don't want to create problems.