From: Book_Arts-L [mailto:BOOK_ARTS-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of
Rosemary Hagedorn
Sent: Tuesday, September 16, 2003 10:55 AM
To: BOOK_ARTS-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [BKARTS] Altering books

We are a small elementary church school library.  We received a donation
of 19 hard cover books about different types of dinosaurs.
Unfortunately, the last 2 pages of the books contain information
pertaining to when (read millions of years) these dinosaurs lived.  We
believe and teach the Biblical view of creation.  The books are colorful
and would be very useful, except for the last 2 pages of statistics.  I
can't cut them out because the last of the story is on one side of the
statistics page.  After reading the paragraph on the title page
regarding reproducing, photocopying, utilizing etc. and that one
shouldn't do this, I hesitate to solve the problem by simply gluing the
last 2 pages together and pasting a page of statistics on the blank back
page.  Is this legal?  I love working here and don't want to create
problems.