Re: [BKARTS] AIC Stuff

Carol,
I agree with much of what you have said. However, as I said in an earlier
posting, the craft is not in a healthy enough condition for certification. While
some may know the latest scientific methods of treating books in need, they
may lack the skills necessary to implement them. Others have the skills but lack
the science. It would be better at this time for those with the scientific
information to disseminate it to the ones doing the work. Those with mostly
scientific understanding should recognize that the craftsman also has something to
offer and utilize their ability in traing programs. It would be more fruitful
if we all worked toward a common goal than some sticking their elitest nose
in the air and the rest of us taking pot shots at them because we hate
snobbery.

Ed Stansell
http://www.bookrestoration.net