Re: [BKARTS] Altering books

----- Original Message -----
From: "Mark Wilden" <mark@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <BOOK_ARTS-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Tuesday, September 16, 2003 1:23 PM
Subject: Re: Altering books

 >Just in case no one else expresses what I hope at least some of us must be
thinking--your employers are fundamentalist nutcases, and I think it's
somewhat sad that we all sit around according them proper respect for their
lunacy, instead of standing up for rationalism over ignorance with respect
to the way children are educated.

Knowing what I do about the follies of official science and its suppression
of what it considers heretics and heresies, I find the statement above
ludicrous. The theory of evolution is just as suspect as creationism. I
won't take sides in the controversy, because I don't want to start a flame
war. Parents are entitled to teach their children the version that best fits
their own beliefs and social situations. Freedom of speech includes the
right to dissent from all official truth, not just the ones that a given
sector of society -- no matter how influential -- promotes. The kids will
find out what they need to know on their own outside of the church's
facilities.

Meanwhile, insults are very poor form in discussing these issues.

JULES SIEGEL Apdo. 1764 77501 Cancun Q. Roo Mexico
http://www.newsroom-l.net

---