Re: [BKARTS] evident repairs

Dorothy,

I am still knew at this and will still be new for another ten years
(maybe twenty).  I recently repaired an a 1920's National Geographic
magazine.  The front cover had come off.  I added a hinge on the inside
(using a plain Kozo).  For the outside hinge, my teacher & I (messed
around with the paint) mixed a couple of yellow and brown acrylics until
we came up with a color that looked like it matched the color on the
spine.  I do not have a good eye for color and lack confidence.  The
color seems to change: in different lighting, when wet, when dried.
However, I chose what I thought  was closest.  It stood out some, but
when I added the SC 6000 - it worked.  The repair looked very good.  The
hinge was discreet and the color was not overdone.