Re: [BKARTS] Need help with tips on making tighter signatures. . .

Thank you!
-----Original Message-----
From: Bruce Levy <levybooks@xxxxxxxxx>
To: BOOK_ARTS-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx <BOOK_ARTS-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wednesday, September 17, 2003 2:30 PM
Subject: Re: [BKARTS] Need help with tips on making tighter signatures. . .

>As you sew, every few sections, you should be pressing them down with a
pressing stick, or something like that.  In the old days they would strike
the sections with a weighted stick, but you can use a piece of hard wood
about 12" to 18" depending on the width of the sections.  Hold the board
down with the left hand near the foredge to keep the sections from moving,
and exert pressure down at the spine.  Move along the spine, between the
sewing supports.
>     Also make sure as you're sewing that you are constantly checking that
each row of sewing is tight from kettle stitch to kettle stitch.

.