Re: [BKARTS] Censorship

Frank,

Free speech is our greatest right and it should be protected at all cost.
Censorship must be avoided at all cost. Someone quoted Voltaire as saying "I
disagree with what you say, but I will defend to the death, your right to say it."
 With "political correctness" being so prevalent today. We must make
additional efforts to protect free speech. Even that which is considered "hate
speech."

I sympathize with protecting one's own children from what we consider written
or graphic materials we consider unsuitable. But, not  by infringing on
other's right to say or read whatever they choose. I am a Christian and do not
think pornography is healthy. However, I would not ban it. When we censor one form
of speech, graphic or otherwise, we endanger every other form. I would not
have the Bible censored. But, if we start banning books, the Bible will likely
be the first to go. Many nonbelievers consider The Bible to be offensive and
are eager to suppress it.  So to protect the Bible, Christians should protect
all spoken, written, and graphic speech.

Regards,
Ed Stansell