[BKARTS] Paring Knife

I'm about to invest in a leather paring knife.  I have been using a swiss
style leather paring knife at the studio of the bookbinder I work with.
However, I find I just use one side of curve of the knife which seems to
waste one of the advantages of this style of knife.  Can anyone rundown the
advantages of the types of leather paring knife for me, at the moment I am
considring purchasing the English style mainly because it seems to be the
cheapest.

Many thanks,
Julia Bradshaw