[BKARTS] bookbinding novice

I'm a bookseller and dealer and I'd like to expand my book knowledge by learning the bookbinding craft.  Could anyone give me a good place to start?  I'm limited living in Memphis, TN...I asked the only binder in town if I could work as an apprentice for free but he turned me down.

I don't want to clog up the list serve so you can respond to me at burkes2@xxxxxxxxxx

Thanks,
Robb DeNyse
Burke's Book Store