Re: [BKARTS] BOOK_ARTS-L Digest - 17 Sep 2003 to 18 Sep 2003 (#2003-258)

Audry,

Have you read the Constitution you've cited? It doesn't appear that you have.
The U.S. Constitution says nothing containing in the phrase "separation of
church and state. "   What it does say is, "Congress shall make no law regarding
AN establishment of religion, nor shall it make any law prohibiting the FREE
EXERCISE thereof." I make special note of the article of speech "AN."  An is
not a synonym of "the."  There is a difference. I'm sure the Framers of our
Constitution, as educated men were aware of that difference.  I ask then, what is
"an establishment of religion?"  Obviously a particular church, etc., such as
Anglican, Roman Catholic, Islam, and others. Not "THE" establishment. This
coupled with not prohibiting the FREE EXERCISE of religion means that Congress
or the Federal Government is not to concern itself ONE WAY OR THE OTHER with
religion.Therefore when the government forbids the free exercise of religion,
such as teaching creation instead of Darwinism, then Federal Government is
committing and unconstitutional act.

You also seem to know little or nothing about science, evolution, or
Christianity.  A frank use of science debunks evolution. And most Bible believing, God
fearing Christians are not "Fundamentalist."  Very few are! I am not! Believe
it or not, many Jews and Moslems also believe in God's creation.

It takes more "faith" to believe in evolution that it does in creation. If
you have such confidence in you position, I ardently wish you would debate (OFF
LINE) the two positions with me. If you have no confidence, I will know that
with your refusal.

Regards,
Ed Stansell