Re: [BKARTS] paring knife

I agree wholeheartedly with what Peter says about a paring knife. I had a
terrible time trying to learn to pare. When I was visiting Mike Wilcox, he
told me that the most important thing was to have a knife with good steel
that would hold an edge. I bought a kitchen knife, sharpened it, and paring
became possible and even pleasant. I later had a knife maker make me an
English paring knife from good steel as well as a blade for my spoke shave.
It just doesn't pay to suffer with inadequate tools.

Yehuda Miklaf
Jerusalem