[BKARTS] Art vs. Craft

On another note, I have been thinking about the world of bookbinding as a
craft. The word craft has gone through a variety of mutations and has gone
in and out of vogue, and thought I consider myself a crafstman, as do many
others in the field, I am also aware that so museums and organizations are
favoring the word ART in place of CRAFT (thus we have the BOOK ARTS etc.).Is
there a distinction? or can we use these words interchangably. I wonder what
all you thinkers out there see as the distinction between art and craft, and
what you see yourselves as, artists or craftspersons, and how this affects
ways in which you present yourselves to the public.

Vernon

Vernon Wiering
Wiering Books
Hand Bindery