Re: [BKARTS] Art vs. Craft

I consider myself an artist who practices her craft.  Because I work in many
mediums, I consider myself an artist.

My view of a craftsman (craftsperson?) is one that limits their focus and
excels in that one area.  I also think of a craftsman someone who works in ...
great... a blonde moment!  I forgot what term I wanted to use! sigh!  Ok... one
who is skilled in creating usable items such as baskets, stained glass, Iron
work and so on.... I hate those blonde moments!!!

My view of crafters, is one who uses someone else's designs or patterns to
recreate.

Now, I don't look at any of these terms as being better than the other.  I
know there are some out there that do.  This is just how I categorize the terms
in my mind.

Carol Heppner
http://carolheppner.gq.nu