Re: [BKARTS] Art vs. Craft

In a message dated 9/21/2003 4:02:58 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
Heppner@xxxxxxx writes:

<< My view of crafters, is one who uses someone else's designs or patterns to
 recreate. >>

Hi,

I once heard craft defined as something that can be repeated, whereas art is
one of a kind.... I don't know.....so if the Mona Lisa is copied by someone,
does the original cease to be art????? <grin>

I really like your definition. Then the original is still art, and the copies
are craft.

All best,
Ginger in FL,
Oh -- and I consider myself an artist, but if my craftsmanship isn't good,