Re: [BKARTS] art vs. craft

I would recommend two books.

by David Pye, "The Nature and Art of Workmanship"
by Soetsu Yanagi, "The Unkown Craftsman: A Japanese Insight Into Beauty"

I read these in grad school and remember them as being very thoughtful approaches to craftmanship and esthetics.  I can't remember them well enough to summarize anymore.
Jo Anne

Jo Anne Martinez-Kilgore
Cariño Conservation of Books and Paper
1608 Los Arboles Ave. N.W.