[BKARTS] seeking examples of mixed exhibits

I'm working on my dissertation on artists' books and was hoping
listers can offer me some examples of the following:

exhibits in major museums, galleries, or libraries in which artists' books
are displayed alongside older books not generally seen to be artists'
books (Pre-1900 in particular).

This may sound like a very vague request, so here's some context: in my
dissertation, I'm focussing on how we perceive artists' books, more than
how they are made, and I want some examples in which artists' books are
primarily framed as *books* in relation to the continuities of book
history--or literature, even--rather than primarily framed as works coming
out of visual art movements. Or, put another way, artist's books displayed
as members of the category of books rather than the category of artists'
books.

An example from my own context is a new acquisitions display at the
Stanford library in which a Julie Chen box-like book, a contemporary
accordion book with an illustrated poem of Emily Dickinson, and a Duchamp
box of loose papers were displayed alongside Renaissance folios, etc.

Thanks in advance for any responses.

Molly Schwartzburg

Molly Schwartzburg
Doctoral Candidate