Re: [BKARTS] Rare books spark row with English university

On 2 Oct 2003 at 14:34, SAP wrote:

> Is this a matter for international law, or Japanese law?
>
> Suzanne

International conventions might be applicable, such as Unesco 1970
convention Prevention of the Illicit Import, Export and Transfer of
Ownership of Cultural Property.

However, in that case both countries must have ratified this
convention.

To my knowledge neither the UK nor Japan did this far.

MSN-list
subscribe:
msn-list-subscribe@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
unsubscribe: