[BKARTS] who's the author?

book and french experts,

I'm rebinding a book and want to put the title and authors name on the
spine. Problem: I can't figure out who the author is nor exactly how I
should title it.

The title page reads:

la varende
flaubert
par lui-même
écrivains de toujours
aux éditions du seuil

My translation software suggests:

the varende
Flaubert
by itself
writers of always
with the editions of the threshold

This seems to be one book in a series? I can find virtually the same
title for many other authors. Is this a book of the writings of
Flaubert or writings about Flaubert? Any suggestions?

Don Drake
Dreaming Mind

ddrake@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
IM: stitchbyhand