Re: [BKARTS] Piercing Awl Question

Here we go again.

Bookbinders in general usually use a Bookbinders awl, which can be
optained from Talas, Bookmakers etc.
There a two kind:

A stationary one and a replaceable one(I prefer the latter).
The hole should be large enough so the head of the needle with thread
can pass through.
And no -you don't want to rip it.

Read the Books on Bookbinding which deal with Bookbinding:
Cockerell, Diehl, Henningsen etc.

Charles
bookbinder