[Table of Contents] [Search]

[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

[BKARTS] Etymology of the term "Three-piece binding"

I notice frequent use of the term "three-piece binding"
in Web exhibition notes but have not been able to
find the term in print with the exception of Henry Morris's
"Printed Paste-papers for Three Piece Bookbindings"
Newtown: Bird & Bull Press (1990?).

The term appears to be used as an alternative to
"quarter-bound" / "quarter-binding".

Is the term "three-piece" a colloquialism or anchored
in a recognized authority?

Alan Shalette

        See the Book_Arts-L FAQ at: <http://www.philobiblon.com>

     *Postings may not be re-printed in any form without the express
     consent of the author - Please respect their contributions & ©*

        Archive maintained and suppported by Conservation OnLine

[Subject index] [Index for current month] [Table of Contents] [Search]