versa. I also print the text and provide it separately.

Kristy Higby
www.calhounstudios.com

On Monday, November 17, 2003, at 10:20 PM, van sice wrote:

From: van sice <vansice@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon Nov 17, 2003  10:20:10 PM US/Eastern
To: BOOK_ARTS-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: white gloves

In light of the fact that many people don't know about the medium of artists' books, I
like the communication {education} of "please touch with respect" that silently goes
along with the gloves.

People can't be blamed for ignorance of how to handle works on paper when they have no
experience like it. There is such a strong prohibition against touching the art in
almost every other circumstance. White gloves set a precedent before the viewer begins
the experience. I suppose the same could be accomplished with washbowls and towels.
{Wouldn't that make a great show, books around purification... }

Val Van Sice
www.calhounstudios.com