[Table of Contents] [Search]

[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

Re: [BKARTS] Chinese tea paper

Is this the same stuff that's also called joss (spelling?) papers?
----- Original Message -----
From: "James Tapley" <JTHANDBOOK@xxxxxxx>
To: <BOOK_ARTS-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Friday, November 21, 2003 4:48 PM
Subject: Re: [BKARTS] Chinese tea paper

> you might more easily find it referred to as tea chest paper. it is a
> colored foil attached to a paper backing; the gold version is made by
> the silver over with a yellow tinted varnish.
> it is called tea chest paper because it was used to line tea containers as
> form of environment control.
> it also has a use as ritual paper money in traditional chinese funeral
> services.
> you should find it stocked by all large suppliers of Japanese hand made
> papers. i've also found it in large Oriental food stores.

        See the Book_Arts-L FAQ at: <http://www.philobiblon.com>

     *Postings may not be re-printed in any form without the express
     consent of the author - Please respect their contributions & ©*

        Archive maintained and suppported by Conservation OnLine

[Subject index] [Index for current month] [Table of Contents] [Search]