From: Book_Arts-L [mailto:BOOK_ARTS-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]On Behalf Of
JOANNE C. VIDETO
Sent: Thursday, November 27, 2003 6:12 AM
To: BOOK_ARTS-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Printer's hats

If anyone wants instructions for making printer's/pressman's hat, let me
know & I'll email you a scan. Happens that Sept/Oct issue of SIC magazine=

has it. My father-in-law was a printer for 50+ years. Seems that the
pressmen kept it secret how to make these things. So much so that no one
else at the newspaper (Boston Record American which transformed into Bost=
on
Herald after a buyout by Rupert Murdoch from Hearst) knew how to make one=
.
Some long continuing, ongoing rivalry between them. Anyway, the cat's out=

of the bag now!!

Regards & Happy Holidays!
Charles Videto
Applefire Books