[BKARTS] recipe for corn starch paste?

Years ago I took a beginners bookbinding course where we were shown
how to make paste from ordinary kitchen-type corn starch. I really
liked the way it worked but now that I am getting interested in the
craft again I can find no trace of the "recipe".

My searches in the archives have not turned up any proportions  of
starch to water though the method seems pretty clear. Can anybody help
me out - or tell me why it's a bad idea anyway?

Thanks.

Pat