[BKARTS] Minnesota Center for Book Arts (MCBA) begins Artistic Director search in January 2004

To the Book Arts Listserv:

Beginning in January 2004, MCBA will conduct a national search for an
Artistic Director to replace outgoing Artistic Director Mary Jo Pauly. I
plan to fill the position by June 2004.

We will take this opportunity to redefine the position, and I will enlist
input from MCBA¹s current constituencies as well as from artists and
organizations in related fields.

Over the last three years, we have moved into an exciting new facility,
transformed our youth and education programs, and reached new segments of
the public.  The next stage of MCBA¹s development is to expand artist
programs and community outreach, and be an effective advocate for the book
arts?both here and nationally. The Artistic Director will play a leading
role in this ongoing transformation.

The new position description will come out of the discussions with artists
and other stakeholders.  Meanwhile, we¹re keeping an open mind about how the
job might be structured. For example, it¹s possible the Artistic Director
position might be combined with an Artist in Residence grant.

Further details about the opening will be available in January on MCBA¹s Web
site: www.mnbookarts.org.

Dorothy Goldie
Executive Director
Minnesota Center for Book Arts