Re: [BKARTS] corn starch paste

Our recipe is similar to Mark Hill's (quoted below), but we use 1
cup of very hot water instead of 4 cups boiling water. Other wise
the proportions are the same. We make it in a Cook 'n' Stir (a
device that stirs and heats the water). It makes a lovely lump-free
paste, which is just a little thinner than pudding in texture--kind
of thick, but it goes on smoothly, and can be thinned as desired.
I've seen it made in a microwave too.

Beverly Schlee
Preservation Department
Arizona State University Libraries
Tempe, AZ 85287

>>I found a corn starch paste recipe in a book a long time ago but
can't remember which one.  The recipe is as follows though.

1/4 cup cornstarch
1/4 cup cold water
4 cups boiling water

Mix the corn starch and cold water in a large bowl until the starch
is dissolved.  Then pour the boiling water as you stir briskly with
a whisk.  Cover with a newspaper until cool.